What is Nearshore Software Development?
In the United States, this typically includes countries in Latin America and Canada. Latin America is often preferred over Canada for companies based in the United States due to the lower costs and larger talent pools. However, the largest benefit of nearshore development is the all-day collaboration that comes with aligned time-zones.
Nearshore software development also provides organizations with a solution to one of the biggest obstacles in IT outsourcing, maintaining an agile development process while collaborating with your vendor. number8 launched in 2008 when our founder saw how difficult it was to adopt an agile methodology while working with a traditional offshore partner. It has since been our mission to provide cost-effective outsourcing options to agile companies.
Benefits of Nearshore Software Development Compared to Other Outsourcing Locations
Ultimately, nearshore development offers you the perfect balance of top talent, daily collaboration, and cost-savings. In addition to our United States office in Louisville, Kentucky, number8 has dedicated local management, recruitment teams, and offices in Costa Rica and Honduras. This approach ensures we're able to recruit the top developers in the region without the high employee turnover commonly associated with outsourcing.
Choose number8 for Custom Nearshore Development
- Spacious, Secure Offices in San Jose, Costa Rica, and San Pedro Sula, Honduras Where Teams Can Collaborate
- Culturally Similar and English-Fluent IT Professionals
- Dedicated Local Management and Recruiting Personnel in Latin America
- Time-zone Alignment with All-Day Collaboration
- Limitless Talent Pool with Recruitment Spanning Across 13 Central and South American Countries
- 12 Years of Nearshore Outsourcing Experience
- Costs are Typically 40% Less than the Amount to Hire an Internal Team Member in the US
- Candidates Assessed with The Predictive Index
Nearshore, Offshore, or Onshore for outsourcing software development?
Deciding which outsourcing location is best for your custom software development projects? Learn about the pros and cons of nearshore, offshore, and onshore for IT outsourcing.
The Nearshore Playbook
Your ultimate guide to nearshore software development. Learn the key differences between nearshore, offshore, and onshore, the technical processes that can make offsite developers more productive, and how to choose the right nearshore vendor based on your needs.